Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Today was a very busy and not altogether pleasant day. I had to go get some paperwork dealt with for my mother, power of attorney stuff like that. She has also decided that she is no longer able to work. So I had to go clean out her desk and speak to her supervisor about what she needed from the doctor to keep the sick leave going until it runs out. I was bordering on an emotional wreck for the entire morning.

All of this had to be done in time to get my son out of school and over to the dentist. Amazingly enough I got him to the dentist in time. At this point my day started to look up. We were going to a new dentist (a pediatric dentist to be exact). When we were called the assistant showed us upstairs to the work area, downstairs was the waiting room and play area. Avery went in for his x-rays and I sat down with my knitting to wait. The assistant walked by and said to me, "I have something I need to ask you". Then she answered the phone. Avery came out and went to the hygenist's chair. When the woman got off the phone she turned to me and said, "I am really have problems with my increases, they always make holes in my work". Here I am expecting questions about my insurance or my son's oral history and she wants to talk knitting, how cool is that! I suggested she try knitting in the front and back of the stitch and then pulling it extra tight, since that is my preferred increase method. We talked knitting for awhile, what our favorite LYSs are and how much we enjoy it. She has taught her daughter to knit and Avery made sure she knew he knits too.

I have to say it really made a difficult day much better.

0 comments: