Monday, June 11, 2007

The End of the Tail...

Saturday night I finished the final repeat of the second chart of Swallowtail. That meant I only had one repeat each of three more charts. I was pretty excited then I looked at it, I mean really looked at it and counted my stitches:
I seem to have managed to do one extra pattern repeat on the right side. In a specific sense I have no idea how this happened. In a more general way I totally do. There was this one point in time around row 42 where I kept have one more or one less stitch and I decided to make them disappear or appear as needed rather than being a good girl and tinking back to fix the screw up. It doesn't pay to be lazy, particularly when you're doing lace.

This is where Swallowtail was last night:
I decided I would rather do it the right way from the beginning than try to rip it back to where the trouble started.

The Corona was there for medicinal purposes...