Tuesday, May 25, 2004

On Saturday a few bloggers decided to meet up and enjoy each other's company. Who came? Well it was Sharon of Knitknacks, Ann of Purling Swine and Mindy of Gidget Casts On. We also shared the day with Sharon's friend Kathy, a novice knitter, and Linda the creator and former owner of Patternworks (which was the first yarn catalog I ever saw!).

We went to KnitNY a combination yarn store/coffee house:



And here are the ladies (you will have to go to their pages to find pictures of me), from left to right, Mindy, Sharon, Kathy, Linda and Ann:



I had a wonderful afternoon. I arrived a little later than I intended but what a fun time. I am not typically this comfortable in a group of "strangers" but I guess that's the point, thanks to blogging we weren't complete strangers. It does seem to make the world a smaller and warmer place to live in.

The group continued it's day with a visit to Downtown Yarns. I unfortunately had to leave because I wanted to catch my best friend Maribel when she got out of work. I haven't seen her since I got back from the Bahamas, since she went to Puerto Rico soon after and we had some catching up to do. I had been hoping she could join our get together but the timing wasn't right. I have also been to Downtown Yarns before and it leaves me feeling like most Manhattan yarn stores, except for Seaport. The selections are beautiful, but the prices make you fell more guilty than you should and therefore remove a great deal of the enjoyment from the purchase.

I had a great afternoon and I'm so glad Sharon got us all together. We should do it more often...

0 comments: