Friday, May 21, 2004

Of Booties and Hubris

I said that the first bootie took all week. I started the second one Sunday night. I was really happy at how well it was going. I didn't need to refer to pattern, I had it memorized. It was knitting up much faster than before, I suppose because of my familiarity. I decided I was hasty in saying this couldn't be my favorite bootie pattern. If I could finish it in a day or two with no sewing, there was a lot to be said for that.

I was ready to move to the instep by Tuesday morning. That's the homestretch. I was feeling quite proud of myself. Pride goeth before the fall. I pulled out the pattern to confirm my next step and there it was, P 4 rounds K 4 rounds. I had been repeating for 3 rounds. I was very,very disappointed. I came up with a few plans to avoid frogging, but it wasn't worth it. I frogged back down to the first 3 rounds and fixed everything. It's a personal thing now between me and the bootie. I have to make sure it's perfect.

I hearby vow to always, always double check my pattern before working on a second bootie!

This came in the mail yesterday from Handknitting.com to cheer me up:



My yarn for Devan. I am very excited. I am going to finish the bootie of the damned tonight, so I can finally start Anouk. I want to bring that to my get together at Knit NY tomorrow with Sharon. Then after Anouk, I will go to work on Devan. Of course I need to get back to work on my Shapely Tank, but once I've actually started Anouk I will feel better about switching between. One for subway knitting and the other for evening TV knitting.

And finally we haven't had a quiz in quite awhile and I loved this one:

cho
You're chocolate. You're the old soul type, people
feel that they have known you their entire
life. Many often open up to you for they view
you as thoughtful and trustworthy. Although
people trust you, you have a hard time trusting
them. You prefer to keep your feelings bottled
up inside, or display them very quietly. It is
alright to open up every once in a while.


Which kind of candy are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Thanks to Steph for the link.

And by the way Bron had to move, Blogger wasn't being very neighborly, so here is her new home Bron's Blog II. Pay her a visit and bring food...

Check out this article about Knit NY:

A ball of yarn, two needles and a latte

0 comments: