Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Off-Broadway adventures

I took Maribel to see Rock of Ages on Sunday. It's sort of a Mamma Mia for the hair metal set; of which Maribel and I are lifetime members. We loved the first act. It was funny, the actors were great and the stereotypes from the 80s were dead on. We went into intermission and that's when the excitement started.

As the intermission was winding down. The band came back on stage, then the ushers starting asking people to leave, row by row. It seems the smoke alarm had gone off. We got outside just in time to see these arrive:



Most people exited to the right, Bel and I exited to the left and ran right into the cast. Constantine Maroulis (of American Idol fame) was sitting there bundled up in his hoodie. I'm not a huge fan of his, although he definitely won me over by the end of show, so I wasn't that excited. No my interest was held by the Nikki Sixx look alike in the show:
the guy in the glasses was in the show as well

His name is Will Swenson and he was super hot on stage, kinda cute off as well.

After about 45 minutes in the freezing cold we see this:
Turns out the haze machine set off the alarms. Oddly enough Bel made a comment to that effect when we were being evacuated. We returned to watch a much delayed second act but enjoyed ourselves all the same. Lots of laughs, singing and nostalgia. I highly recommend it.

Here's a video, it's basically a commercial for it but it catches some of the fun:

0 comments: