Monday, December 18, 2006

Here we are one week before the holiday break and what do I have to show for it? I have 7 teachers to knit for. I have already given up hope of having the Moebius scarf ready for Avery's science teacher by Friday. She'll get it when break is over. I have two Odessas finished and one nearly complete. It would be finished but I couldn't locate my size 8 double points last night so I just stopped where I was and started another hat. I figure the decreases will take me 15-30 minutes to complete so that can keep. I started the cabled lady hat last night and man I forgot just how long it takes me to do the 4 row repeat. I think it will get faster at least I hope. I'm not sure if it's the magic loop method or the slippery yarn or the bumping of the train this morning but I couldn't for the life of me do the cables without a needle. Cabling goes way slower for me when I have to actually use a needle. So 3 hats in 4 days. As of 9 this morning this is where I was:

I don't really have to go into the whole Monday morning, camera phone thing again, right?

I'll check in tomorrow so you can see how far I've progressed.

I picked this up from Susan:


How evil are you?


...really are any of you surprised? I do feel I should mention that she got the exact same result. I guess evil loves company, right?

She also had this one which I got a different result for:

You Are Dancer

Carefree and fun, you always find reasons to do a happy dance.

Why You're Naughty: That dark stint you had as Santa's private dancer.

Why You're Nice: You're friendly. Very friendly.


...there was no way I couldn't post something that said I was "Santa's private dancer"...

More proof that knitters are intent on world domination. I was reading this article this morning all about Veronica Mars availability on ITunes. Imagine my surprise to see that the author refers to shows as skeins. Really. Skeins. I suspect this is more about spell check run amok but whatever. I have no problem with referring to Veronica Mars as my "favorite skein" in fact her "handpainted drama" is what "knits" me in episode after episode.

101 hours 'til break...not that I'm counting...

0 comments: