Thursday, December 14, 2006

As I have been sick as a freakin' dog since the weekend. I am totally phoning it in today. Here is the meme that's been going around. I've seen it everywhere so I'll be damned if I can remember who I actually stole it from:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?


Hot Chocolate, preferably with a bit of peppermint in it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?


Santa not only wraps but he wraps in special paper to differentiate from gifts given by parents. He takes this quite seriously.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?


Colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?


Nope.

5. When do you put up your decorations?


Usually right after Thanksgiving but I've been running late this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Ham basted with orange juice and ginger ale, like my Aunt Ruth used to make.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Everyone going over to my grandmother's, we even packed up the cat a few times!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

My best friend Susan when I was 7 or 8. I was devastated...still am.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Yup, usually new jammies for everyone and whatever Maribel gets me!


10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?


Typically we have character ornaments but due to the arrival of Hiro the nutty kitten we bought what I like to call Class in a Box from Target. So all the ornaments this year are gold, balls, bells, icicles and beads.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread?

LOVE IT!!!

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes, but badly.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I really don't. I usually get some fantastic stuff for Christmas.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

The break from work and school. Time to just relax and be a family without outside obligations pulling us this way and that.


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Pumpkin Pie, yes I know it's really for Thanksgiving but since I only get it around this time of year I keep getting them all the way to New Years.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?


I'm really not sure...

17. What tops your tree?

An angel bought at Macy's.


18. What is your favourite holiday book?

Miracle on 34th Street.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Either Happy Christmas by John and Yoko or Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas the Judy Garland or Chrissie Hynde versions.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?

Eh, they're ok, but they get old fast. I can never finish one.

I did finish the Christmas stockings, pictures will be forthcoming. I am now working on the moebius scarf, with at least 4 more hats to be done...in 7 days...Goddess help me...

0 comments: