Saturday, December 30, 2006

For my "w" we most go into the most secret depths of my basement:


...into these boxes...

to discover that...W is for Wonder Woman:

These are my oldest issues. They date from 1961, but I have a complete collection starting in 1968, when Wonder Woman lost her powers and became something of a secret agent:

This is my favorite run on the old Wonder Woman series, but Gloria Steinem had it killed.

I, of course loved the Wonder Woman tv show and spent many an hour twirling in my bedroom, if you don't know what I mean it's rather difficult to explain, if you do know then I'm sure you did it too;).

In the eighties the writer and artist George Perez took over and did another re-do of the character which brought her back to her roots in Greek Mythology:


Other writers have brought her more firmly down to earth again. In fact the most recent writer is Allan Heinberg who is a writer for the O.C. and Grey's Anatomy:

In honor of my favorite super hero here is a little quiz that Susan put up, which means I had to do it since we are playing blog tag at the moment:

You Are Bold And Brave

But daring? Not usually?
You tend to like to make calculated risks.
So while you may not be base jumping any time soon...
You are up for whatever's new and (a little) exciting!
How Daring Are You?

That sounds just about right to me!

0 comments: