Saturday, January 22, 2005

It is 8 degrees outside...

there is a blizzard warning in effect...

my poor husband had to go to work...

it seems to me like it's the perfect day to start...

Clapotis!

My yarn arrived yesterday:



See how beautiful it is:



It turns out Brooks Farm didn't have a match for my yarn so they simply offered to dye 3 skeins for me in a similar color so they would all match. Aren't they sweet? I actually love this color more. It has far more blue than the skein I bought.

I'm so excited.

I'm was actually supposed to work for a few hours today and Ray and I were going to go to dinner and a movie after work, but I don't want my mother in law coming out in this weather. There was nothing seriously pressing on my desk and if the storm turns out to not be as bad as expected I can go in tomorrow instead.

I realized I forgot to show you the lovely gifts I won from Chris:



Here's a close up of the luscious yarn:



I should have quite a bit left over from Clapotis so I think I will make a hat from that. I am going to do something else with this yarn, I'm just not sure what yet.

We will be picking the contest winner tomorrow. I will post who it is on Monday morning. Good luck to everyone!

Have a great weekend...

0 comments: