Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Agony and the Ecstasy

Ok, I am going to do this backwards. First I give you the ecstasy, the beginning of Clapotis:



and a close up of my luscious Four Play yarn from Brooks Farm:



After some intial brain freeze with decyphering the pattern (I can't really explain why but PFB had me hung up for at least 30 minutes), I am in love with this pattern.Really, and truly. It's fun and easy but challenging enough to hold your attention. It is also kind of exciting to anticipate the dropping of the stitches. Frankly I was enjoying knitting this far too much today. Ian was home sick with a nasty cough, so I was able to work on it quite a bit, since I stayed with him for the morning (Ray came home to stay with him in the afternoon so I could get a few hours in at work too).

So where's the agony you ask? What the hell was I thinking when I decided to use this yarn for the scarf. I mean it's a 50/50 blend of wool and silk like the yarn it was designed for and the gauge is just about perfect, but I should really have checked how much I would need for it. Three skeins...three people. How much do I have? One, that's right just one. To top it off I got this yarn at Rhinebeck and although Brooks Farms now has a website, this is not listed on it. I could have cried. I did e-mail them though to see if maybe they have it and just don't list it online. Cross your fingers for me.

In the meantime I gave in and bought a new set of #2 dpns and got back to work on the IPOD sock. It's keeping my mind of the Clapotis debacle.

0 comments: