Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Podium Shot



I'm amazed. I finished it and it looks good damn it. Alpaca does block like a dream. The scarf does have a large flaw. One end is curved and the other is straight. You can see it if you look closely. I may wet the end and re-block it. I may not. I tried really hard to fix it when I was blocking yesterday and I couldn't. What I should have done was block from that end first. Live and learn. The pattern is so pretty I don't think the flaw will attract much attention.

I've decided to give it to my aunt when I visit her. Her birthday will have just passed when I get to Iceland and I'd like to give her something special. I may do Odessa to go with it, not that they match but in the same yarn it could work. I have enough on my plate at the moment though. Odessa will have to wait regardless.

My review of the pattern? Overall it was good, although I couldn't have done it without the print out that Lisa shared with me. She broke it down row by row, in columns. This way I never confused which direction went for which row. It irritated me that I had to be such a slave to the pattern, literally reading every stitch for every other row. On the other hand there was a great sense of satisfaction as I finished each repeat. Will I do lace again? Yes, I will but never again as my primary project. It's too intense. As for Kathleen's question, yeah I do think Charlotte is next but it will be the kind of project that may take a year to finish.

Thanks for all the support and cheerleading. It helped a lot when the outcome was questionable. Congrats to all my team mates on Team NY (who's button has mysteriously disappeared from my sidebar), Team Iceland and the US Swearing at Lace Team. You're all winners just for particpating, the finishing is actually just icing on the cake.

Enjoy your Sunday...

0 comments: