Tuesday, February 14, 2006

C is for Cat



I was racking my brain trying to come up with something for C. I had thought of my cat but it seemed a bit trite, ya know? I was talking to Rinaldo about it and he too thought of the cat. Then I realized I could post about her on Valentine's Day and it suddenly made sense. You see my cat's name is Valentine.

The first Valentine's Day Rinaldo and I were together I went to visit him. On my way up the stairs to his apartment I saw the most adorable little kitten in the hallway. She was such a tiny little thing. I continued upstairs and Rinaldo let me in to the apartment. Once inside I told him about this cute little kitten that was down on the next landing. He wanted to see her so he opened the door...and in she walked. She has been our cat ever since. Hence the name. We celebrate her birthday on Valentine's Day since it's impossible to know when exactly she was born but she couldn't have been more than 4 to 6 weeks old when we got her.

Happy 14th birthday Valentine!

0 comments: