Friday, January 06, 2006

Classes start here at NYU in a little over a week and I am already exhausted. I'm feeling a bit of job burnout at the moment. I have always loved my job. Being a book buyer is what I aspired to in my years at Barnes & Noble. The problem is there is very little challenge in it at the moment and very little chance for advancement. There is almost no turnover in academic retail. Everybody stays in there position for decades and that's not really my style. Once I've mastered something I like to move on to learn something else. Of course it's probably just malaise from the holiday break. I really enjoyed being at home and doing some work around the house. I'll get over it I'm sure.

This is always a slow period for knitting since I'm usually too tired to knit. I ran out of yellow wool for Bob's hat so I need to find some. That has put him back on hold. My hat is coming along. I am on the 3rd cable repeat, slow and steady. I want to cast on for the Jaywalkers again this weekend. I'm missing having a pair of socks to work on.

Since I have no current pictures to show off I thought I would share something fun we did for Christmas. I had Tashie and Avery Kool Aid dye some white Cascade 220 for Maribel as one of her presents. I used red and yellow but the yellow only softened the red:



We all liked the result however and Bel really seemed to like it also. Avery and Tashie had a blast "painting" the yarn. Even Ian got in on the fun when we were trying to untangle the mess I had gotten it into:



He likes the ballwinder...the yarn was not amused...

My good friend (and co-worker) Mike just got published by the Associated Press, it's not his first published piece but it is the most mainstream so far. Go check it out, the short films he is writing about are hysterical and it's very well written, of course...

Have a great weekend everyone...

0 comments: