Monday, May 02, 2005

Our vacation was a blast. Rocking Horse Ranch is a great place to bring the kids and let them loose. Which of course makes it relaxing for parents. There were a million activities and I think we did just about everything in the three days we were there. When we arrived on Monday it was kind of cold so we did some indoor things. Like the heated indoor pool that was 6 doors away from our room. Later we took the kids to the indoor playground. Avery, Ian and Cheyenne played there very happily for over an hour:



The next day the weather was much better so we enjoyed the outdoors. Avery and Cheyenne went paddleboating:



Then we went to the outdoor playground:



and we all hit the mini golf course:




It was Ian's first vacation and he loved it. I was really worried he wouldn't have fun and wouldn't appreciate staying in a hotel but he really seemed to enjoy the adventure of it. He wouldn't get on a pony (the big kids rode horses, but that pony was pretty damn huge) but he is now obsessed with horses. We really could have stayed at least another day but Cheyenne had to go back to school. It worked out though since Wednesday was so rainy.

On Thursday (pre-Harlot), Rinaldo, Maribel and I went to IKEA where we bought a new computer desk. With Rinaldo's knee being bad I guess he'd been leaning on the old one to get up and so it broke. We got a really nice one (sorry I didn't get a picture yet) and it really looks great in the living room.

On Friday we took Avery to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which I enjoyed enormously (I've only read the first book so far). It should be mentioned that there is a scene where all the characters become knitted dolls, it's difficult to explain why unless you've read the book so I'll leave it at that. The dolls were very well done as was the giant ball of yarn with needles sticking through it that was floating in space...don't ask just go see it...

I've joined up with Sharon for the different kind of yarn diet:



I was pleased and surprised to see when I did my monthly weigh in this morning (I've decided to not do weekly this time around, it's too depressing if you fall of the wagon) that I have lost 14 lbs so far. I think I can justify my Sheep and Wool yarn binge based on that. After that I will only buy yarn after I have lost 10 more pounds and so on. Let's see how it goes, my goal is 50 lbs by the end of the year. Then I can get a new tattoo...

0 comments: