Friday, May 20, 2005

Well the week is finally over. It's been a decent one. Tisha and I went to see Revenge of the Sith last night and we both loved it. If you're a Star Wars fan I highly recommend it, even (or especially) if you were't fond of the most recent 2 films. It really is the best of the prequels. If you're not a fan, don't bother there's always issues with the acting and dialogue on these movies and if the love isn't already there you won't find it here. It's very dark and intense and I am not convinced that Avery can see it. I am making him read the book first. He can handle things in books that he can't take visually and he is good about admitting when he may be disturbed by something so we'll see what he thinks.

I've been working on Rinaldo's scarf since yesterday. I am very, very tired of baby blankets. I'm 2/3s done on the round one and 3/4s done on the log cabin so the end is in sight. I really want to start Branching Out or one of the shawls in Folk Shawls but I am trying to be good. That's why I picked up the scarf for a change of pace. I may do one of the pairs of baby booties in my Morehouse Merino kits this weekend for some closure. I like to think of myself as a process knitter but I do need a bit of finished product every once in awhile to keep me motivated.

Tomorrow Maribel and I are off on the Yarn Bus. My dilemma is that I have been very undisciplined and have not gone to the gym or eaten well for the past 2 weeks so no weight loss, meaning no yarn. I'm hoping to find some nice needles or something to satisfy my craving. If not I may buy a little yarn "on credit".

Rinaldo found out last week that his meniscus is definately torn. He's been having physical therapy 3x a week and it has helped a lot but the doctor told him he can have surgery if the therapy isn't enough. We've discussed it all week and he's decided he really needs to have the surgery. The knee has always been bad and now it's just that much worse, so better to get it done now while he's young and in decent shape (I am a bit of a cradle robber, he is only 32). Today we will find out when the surgery will be. Never a dull moment.

For those of you in Canada, I understand that Veronica Mars has finally crossed the border and can be seen on CTV. If you're a fan of good television give it a try. It is really well written and well acted and it needs all the support it can get.

I just remembered that I had a dream last night that I was knitting something in 4 or 5 different colored ribbon yarns. Someone had to help me frog it and then I started again. I wonder what Freud would say...

Have a great weekend everyone...

0 comments: