Thursday, February 03, 2005

I had my drop spindle class this past Wednesday at Downtown Yarns. I'm not sure how well I am going to take to it but I did get finish a skein such as it is. Most of it is underspun but there is quite a bit that is overspun as well:



I will block it this weekend as my teacher instructed and we'll see how it looks. The homework is to complete a skein so I will try another one. I was getting better at it toward the end of the class. I had a problem with my spindle and when it was changed it did seem to help.

I also got to meet Susie. As you can see from the picture on her blog her spinning came out much better. We talked bookstores, clapotis and spinning so it was great fun.

I got this in the mail from Jody:



It's really cute. I don't think I want to wait until Christmas to hang it up so I think I will bring it to my office to put on my wall.

I also got my Knitters Without Borders shirt. Unfortunately Cafe Press' idea of extra large does not exactly agree with mine. Ian kindly agreed to model it for you:



And finally I got tagged for the music meme by Amy:

1.) Total amount of music files on your computer:

6.8 gigs

2.) The last CD you bought was:

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - U2

3.) What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Dance of the Seven Veils by Liz Phair

4.) What are your five favorite songs and why they mean the most to you:

Tough call on this one as it changes depending on my mood.

Death on Two Legs by Queen
I love to play this song when I'm really pissed off about something or at someone. It just captures all those feelings and lets me vent by singing it really loud.

Extraordinary by Liz Phair
Mostly I love this song because it's how I feel about myself on good days and how I want to feel about myself on bad days.

Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac
It's tough picking just one Stevie Nicks song because so many of them meant so much to me at various points in my life, but this is quintessential Stevie. It captures best what is cool about her music.

Around the Way Girl by L L Cool J
L L does a lot of great songs and he is the most beautiful man on earth (and just as sweet in person as you would expect) but this song is special because he is praising the regular girl, not the supermodels or actresses but the girls from the block and you know he meant it 'cause he married his baby mama.

Hymn to Her by The Pretenders
Only Chrissie Hynde could do a song like this and make it so good and not hokey. It could mean many things but I of course take it as a celebration of the Goddess and it always makes me feel better.

5). What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

Ann because she's fun and interesting, so I'm sure her answers will be also.

Alison because she's a Bronx girl of course.

Susie because we're just getting to know each other and a person's choice of music tells you so much about them.

0 comments: