Friday, February 25, 2005

I'm not feeling very happy about my sock. I think I am going to run out of yarn. I also find the cuff far too long. Now my personal preference is for a short cuff but my Sockapalooza buddy lists no such preferences, so I followed the pattern. It's an 8" cuff, now of course it can be folded over or worn straight but it makes me wonder if the length of it is what ate up all my yarn. I turned the heel last night and I am now in the foot decreases. I am going to keep going until I finish or run out of yarn, whichever comes first. Of course I only have a little over 2 weeks before the socks have to be sent out and it has taken me nearly 2 weeks to complete this one...you see my dilemma.

Happily we got our tax refund yesterday so I went shopping through the Patternworks catalog. Ray has decided he wants a really long scarf, but he was concerned that it would get too boring for me. I found this yarn last night in the catalog and I think it will keep it interesting enough. I figure I can start it now and just work on it whenever I want until the Fall. Then finish it up in time for Winter.

I also decided to get the pattern and yarn for this baby blanket:



It's the Log Cabin Baby Blanket made with Sierra. I think I'm going all the way with this one and using the recommended yarn. I'm not in the mood to take the time to find a suitable substitute and I would really like to make a nice blanket for a friend of Rinaldo's who is expecting. I can't show any of the things I will be making my cousin's baby as she reads my blog. Can't spoil anything for her now can I?

Have a great weekend everyone...

0 comments: