Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Just in case anyone was beginning to doubt me. Here are pictures of the Sockapalooza sock:



Sorry this one looks so weird. I took it early this morning and it was really dark. I brightened it with my photo program but it looks a bit odd now that I see it.

Here's a much better close up:



The 2x2 rib is coming out very nicely. Overall I do really like the sock, I just hate how long it is taking me. I had been hoping to show you the beginning of a heel but I fell asleep on the couch last night so that's all I have. I am about 1 or 2 rows away from starting the heel now though thanks to the train ride. Our computer system here at work is down this morning so I'm thinking I might get a bit of knitting done at my desk for a change. How decadent...

I received an e-mail this morning from 34 Million Friends. I have donated to them in the past. Here is part of the e-mail:

In Honor of International Women's Day on March 8
Meet the Challenge - Add Your Voice and Your Dollar

On the 10th anniversary of the United Nations World Conference on Women - the internationally agreed roadmap for advancing opportunity, equality and health for the world's women - and to help commemorate International Women's Day on March 8, 2005, 34 Million Friends of UNFPA, a grassroots movement in solidarity with the world's women, is urging Americans to demonstrate their compassion and commitment to women's health and opportunity.

We are challenging 10,000 Americans to contribute at least $1 in support of the world's women by March 8.

"One dollar, says Lois Abraham, is a very low barrier to entry to become committed and to take a stand."

If you can take a moment to donate $1 and help women around the world.

Happy Wednesday...

0 comments: