Monday, February 28, 2005

I was seduced this weekend and I'm sorry to say I don't have any pictures of it...

Ok, now get your minds out of the gutter, I, of course mean seduced by a new project. Now normally this wouldn't be an issue but of course the sock I should have been working on has a deadline. I did end up ripping part of it out on Friday. I panicked about the yarn and the length so I pulled off about 2 inches. Then I put it down and didn't look at it until this morning. So not good. Especially considering I need to start the other one tomorrow to give myself the full 2 weeks. I am consoling myself with the idea that the second will go quicker since all the little issues will have been worked out on the first sock. Let's hope I'm not lying to myself.

What stole my heart? Well I shouldn't really discuss it because it's for my cousin but I will say that I gave up the original pattern for the baby blanket I was making and have switched it to this click here if you're not Ingileif. This works much better for the yarn I am using and it is so beautiful I couldn't put it down.

We also had a busy weekend. We went to a few open houses this weekend to get an idea of what kind of house we would like if we were to look for a house. I know that seems very vague but that's where we are at this point. We love out neighborhood so we don't really want to leave it, but a backyard and parking space would be nice. On the other hand neither one of is sure we want the upkeep of a house so a co-op or condo may be better suited to us. Either way we need more room but there is no timetable and therefore no urgency in our search which I figure is better.

We went to Linen and Things and did a bit of shopping. I bought some new drawers for my stash but I will show you that on Wednesday since I didn't upload the pictures of my stash organization project yet. There is something in the air, or on the blogs, it seems like everyone is organizing or culling their stash. I seem to have caught the bug as well.

I also bought something that I am almost embarrassed to mention.

I bought Roomba:



I have been wanting one of these since they came on the market. As a sci-fi lover and housework hater what could be better in my life than a robot that does my vacuuming for me? They were definitely too pricey when they first came out, but after they upgraded it recently the price dropped on a basic model. Imagine sitting on the couch knitting while this little disk whirls around your house vacuuming. My husband stopped laughing long enough to say he supposed it could come in handy. Well he wasn't laughing yesterday when we got home. We set Roomba to go as we left to see a few houses and when we came back the living room rug was lovely. It got under tables that I haven't gotten under in months, it was a very thorough job, far better in fact than the job I do with my upright. I am very happy with my little Roomba.

Now if I could get a robot to do the laundry...

0 comments: