Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I've hit a bit of glitch in my schedule for the week. My eldest son, Avery, lost his second glove in 4 months. For some odd reason I decided that I should make him mittens because he will take care of them better if he knows I made them. I must have left my common sense at work or something. Let's be honest I have been dying to try to knit mittens in the round. I have the wool. I have a child with a nice medium sized hand, not so small as to make it too challenging but not so big that it will take me more time than I want to give. So there you go...

I'm up to about 9 squares on the baby blanket but I am not looking forward to putting this together, 56 3" x 3" squares, so not fun. We also seem to be running into some trouble in that nobody is getting more than 9 squares out of a ball. We should be getting 11 and 1 ball should have 12. I figure we'll just get another ball to make up the difference.

We are started to getting really crazy at work. Classes start in a week and a half, so now we have all the faculty calling saying , " Wow I need 100 books shipped in from Czechoslovakia for my class that starts in 5 minutes". I love my job but at this time of year I really question why...

0 comments: