Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday morning finished object

I am on quite the roll here. Having given up on the two socks one circ idea suddenly socks became fun again. Here's the proof:

I know it's cheating a bit to call one finished sock a finished object but I've been working on these since September so I'll take some gratification where I can get it.

Rather than starting on the second sock right away, I decided I desperately needed a hat. So I cast on for the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret (rav link):

It's in Lush which I won in a blog contest from Chris millions of years ago. It's been marinating for just the right project. I couldn't find my 11s yesterday so I started it on 10 1/2s but Kathleen (who I was having lunch with) jinxed me and of course they were too small, way too small. So I'm on a 13 today and the gauge seems spot on. It's a little odd since it's a worsted but I'm guessing the loose gauge gives it the slouchy effect. The pattern is fun and the yarn is decadent so I'll be monogamous until it's done.

What are you working on?

0 comments: