Monday, January 12, 2009

Fiber Filled New Year

The first full week of the new year and I'm already off to a good start fiber wise. My first finished object of the year. New mittens for Ian:


I used a basic mitten pattern and referred to the playground mitten pattern for the slits which are a popular feature in this house:
Just before Christmas I won a Knit Picks contest. Yarn in the color of my choice to make this pattern. Enough yarn for the size of my choice as well:

The color is Wine in Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed since I seem to have uploaded the sucky picture rather than the good one. Sorry about that!

I received my last fiber of the month shipment from Spunky Eclectic. I still love the fiber but I'm so behind on my spinning I decided to stop getting them every month. I also ordered two more skeins of Smooshy to add to my birthday gift from Kathleen so I can re-start Jeannie in the yarn it was made for:

The NYU Knitting group had a meet-up at the new Lion Brand store. Sadly I was unable to attend but Amanda gave me a present anyway:


They gave them to everyone in the group. Dude you can really fit some yarn in there!

Try to have a good Monday all!

0 comments: