Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Monday, another finished object

Yup I finished yet another project. Avery complains that I don't knit as much for him as everyone else. He has a point. I bought yarn to make him a scarf on winter break in 2007 and it took me until January 2009 to make him one:


He's getting a ton of compliments on it so we're both happy. I bought yarn to make a hat to match. Hopefully I won't take as long to get to that as I did the scarf.

All this knitting has helped me get my mojo back. To keep it fed I am trying to do small projects to keep me gratified while doing bigger ones as well. Dani inspired me to join the:

There are two patterns a month and the moderator sends 7-10 rows a day for 7 days. That's a committment I can handle. This is where I was after day 3:

Ian and I went to go see Hotel for Dogs on Saturday. It was very cute by the way. I highly recommend it for the 10 and under set. We planned on seeing it on 86th Street since Avery was hanging out with his godmother for the day and she works up there. Unfortunately the two teen girls on line in front of me took the last two tickets, literally, after they handed over their money their cashier turned on her mike and announced the show was sold out.

Ian and I then ran downtown to 42nd street to catch it at another theater. We then had to head back up to 86th to get Avery and then head home. About 30 minutes after we got home this is where he was:
Passed out on the couch.

0 comments: