Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday means nothing to me...

Normally Fridays are my favorite day of the week. I can look forward to a little break, from work at least. This weekend however will be non-existent. We do inventory in my store this weekend. That means I work both days, yes it sucks to be me (and anyone who works with me).

I managed to finish the last teacher gift right on time:

I'm not sure how the teacher who I gave it to liked it but the teacher who is expecting couldn't stop oohing and aahing over the baby kimono, booties and hat. It's nice when gifts are appreciated.

On Monday to commemorate birthday week, I started my Loksins!:


I love, love, love them. They are so quick and easy. I was able to memorize the pattern repeat quickly and I can finish the 8 rows in a train ride. I'm about 3 repeats away from the heel I believe. Cassie recommends 9 repeats but I'll have to see if I want more or less. They are definitely washing away any ill effects my foray into toe-ups may have left;)

The birthday was excellent. I took the day off and so did Rinaldo. He took me to IHOP for breakfast and I was supremely decadent and had funnel cake for breakfast. Then we met up with Tisha and caught Live Free or Die Hard, which absolutely and totally rocked. There were some issues due to a small blackout that occurred while we were in the movies but we were on the West Side not the East so it just meant we had a little trouble getting home. The evening was topped off by dinner at Unos. Gift-wise the boys (with Rinaldo's help;)) got me Guitar Hero II, don't laugh I asked for it. I've been dying to play it. Not to mention I know the boys will love it too. Rinaldo got me a Stevie Nicks CD/DVD collection. Birthday week festivities end tonight with a trip to see Romeo and Juliet at Shakespeare in the Park with Maribel,our friend Heather and Avery. Avery and I read Romeo and Juliet together last year (I decided it was time for him to get to know Shakespeare) and I think seeing it will really get him to appreciate it.

Thank you all so much for all the birthday wishes! I really appreciated them.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: