Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF, TCIF or TFIF

I finished the first Anastasia sock, see:


I don't love it. I don't hate it but I don't love it. The colors are very pretty but I am not enjoying the toe up thing at all. It makes me feel like a novice all over again. I don't enjoy that feeling. I did do EZ's sewn cast off which is kind of cool. I'm sure it will come in handy for future projects. I feel I should also mention that my issues are not pattern flaws. I think it's well written and makes a very cute sock. I also think it's a really good choice for a first toe up sock since it's very clearly written. It's just me and my issues. I will make the second one though I'm just going to take a break this weekend and get me some tail, Swallowtail that is. That should chill me out a bit.

In the interests of full disclosure I did participate in a bit of retail therapy to help ease the pain of my toe up struggles. I bought Cassie's new sock pattern. I figure having that to look forward to will get me through the second sock.

To make myself feel like I could actually accomplish something I finally truly finished the baby stuff I had made. Look at the cable booties with the ribbon finally inserted:
Pretty cute right? I also sewed in the ribbon on the baby kimono II:
...and the first one:


See look I can knit pretty things well. Occasionally anyway...

Yay Friday. I'm out of here at 1:30 to pick up the boys at school. Since MIL has an appointment. I think we'll bake in the heat of the backyard.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: