Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm on vacation this week, which somehow always means I don't blog. I guess I spend so much time on the computer at work that I don't want to look at it when I'm home.

I have been somewhat productive though. This weekend I finally finished Gyrid:



I'm not thrilled with any of the pictures but this is the best. The sweater doesn't actually make me look bigger than I am but pictures tend to;) It's very comfortable and I think it works pretty well with the thermal shirt under it. I think I have enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves for myself.

I also completed two squares for the soldier blanket for my knitting group. I had hoped to make three but I am just a little short of yarn (I actually weighed it). I liked the stitch patterns I chose:



I am off in a few minutes to the Yarn Harlot's book launch. While a new book by her isn't the event it used to be (she's so damn prolific) I always love an excuse to hang out with knit buds. Maribel, Chante and the sadly blogless Claudia will all be there so that is reason enough to go.

I'll take pictures!

0 comments: