Friday, April 01, 2005

I seem to be in a bit of a slump knitting-wise. You would think having 4 different projects to choose from I would have no problem finding something I want to work on but it seems not. I have been awfully tired so my evenings in front of the TV have been shorter than usual. We also drove in yesterday and today to accommodate Rinaldo's injury and although I usually enjoy knitting while he drives, Manhattan traffic is so entertaining I never have an urge to pull out my project.

I did do a little work on the log cabin blanket:



I'm a bit further along than this picture now, since my blue yarn finally came in. It's a fun and easy knit. Sierra is great to work with. The softness of cotton with the some of the give of wool. The only issue I had is the number of stitches to pick up. The pattern is very specific in the number it tells you to pick up along each side, but it never worked out right for me. I always had to stretch it over long spaces. Yes, I always have issues with picking up the required number of stitches on any project. That's just me. So I gave up looking for the perfect number. Now I just pick up however many stitches I need to, to get comfortably across the side. It seems to be coming out fine.

Ann discovered a fun new site:





It's pretty cool. There are articles, free patterns, yarn shop reviews and even a crossword, which I have not yet completed. Go visit when you have a chance, it's always good to support new sources of knitting info.

Enjoy the weekend everyone...

0 comments: