Monday, April 04, 2005

This weekend was oddly busy considering how torrential the rains were on both days. We had a birthday party to attend on Saturday and Sunday was shopping day, plus Avery and I had tickets for the Circus last night. I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

The Circus was fun, more fun than I remembered in fact. I was a bit surprised, happily so, by how amazed my video game playing, mass media devouring near 10 year old was by the whole show. He loved it. The people being shot out of the cannon at the beginning, the tightrope walker jumping over flames, the acrobats jumping through hoops (literally) and the tigers roaring in a menacing way to their trainer, all kept him enthralled for two hours. On the way home he asked if we could go again next year. I'm really happy that he is not so jaded that it seemed hokey to him. They've livened it up enough that I didn't find it too hokey either. Amazing indeed.

I decided to spend some quality time with Bob this weekend. I finished his overall bib as well as one boot. I am about 1/4 of the way through the other boot. I should finish it by tonight. This dude is going to be a bit bigger than I imagined but that's ok. My bigger fear is that Ian seems to be past his obsession with all things Bob the Builder. Will he even care when I finish it? That remains to be seen. He did choose to wear his Bob the Builder shirt yesterday. Maybe he was trying to reassure me.

It looks like I will be going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival after all. I am almost afraid to admit this, due to the fact that I was commiserating with Ann only a week or so ago because she won't be going. I told her we would both have more money to spend at Rhinebeck. Well I won't have as much. My husband had been planning on going to Florida the following weekend and our family vacation is the week before so I felt that it was just too much traveling in a short period of time. However Rinaldo's trip has been postponed so we decided to go to Maryland for a little grown up alone time. That plus yarn shopping is going to make for a great Mother's Day weekend.

Sorry Ann, I'll be sure to bring you back something pretty...

0 comments: