Wednesday, April 06, 2005

We interrupt our regularly scheduled knitting to bring you...

Look at what I won from the wonderfully talented Snooze:



Does that yarn just scream Spring or what (the color looks way more neon than it really is). It's Cascade 220 dyed by Snooze herself. She also made the beautiful stitch markers that accompanied the yarn.

Here's a closer look at them:



Now typically this type of color is not my thing, but I was very intrigued by the different shades in it. I have been trying to decide what I would make with it. I was a bit confused as it is so obviously a Spring color but it's pure wool. That seemed to me to be a contradiction in terms. Yesterday when it was beautiful and warm outside, I sat freezing in my office working on my computer and I was inspired. I am going to make these:



I've been wanting to make them for awhile now and I think it's a good use for this yarn. I can use them at work and for times when I am outside knitting or playing with the boys during the Spring and Fall. So everything else has been put on hold until I finish my mitts. Thanks Snooze for sending a bit of Spring my way...funny how the day after I received it the weather finally warmed up...coincidence, I wonder.

0 comments: