Thursday, December 02, 2004

I finally finished the hat for Ian. Unfortunately he is at school so Curious George has volunteered to model it for me:




and here is the side view:



I've made this pattern before but I had huge problems with it this time. I kept screwing up the short-row shaping at the top of the head, while I was on the train yesterday. In the end I had to rip back about 6 rows when I got home to re-do it. I also am not too crazy about it in this yarn. It feels too loose. I should have done it at a tighter gauge. The yarn I used before was a Merino spandex blend that came out beautifully. I'll try it on Ian when I get home. I'm sure it's going to be fine and looser may be better for him because he has a fairly large head and a lot of hair. I do love the look of it. The colors worked out just like I wanted them to.

I'm off to Avery's school this morning for the Middle School Fair. He's in fourth grade so I don't really have to worry until next year but with all the issues in NYC with the middle schools I figure the earlier I start preparing the better.

0 comments: