Friday, October 01, 2004

Block Party

Yesterday my youngest was sick so I decided to stay home from work. Interestingly enough he was fine by mid-morning but my mother-in-law and cousin were both sick as dogs. So what did I do. I blocked Devan.

Sleeves:

Sides:

Back:


It is definitely blocking larger than I expected but I figure that's ok, I mean children grow all the time right? I might throw it in the dryer for a few minutes after I sew it up to remove some of the stretch that wetting it caused.

I decided I needed a quick satisfying project so I cast on for the Multidirectional Scarf in Silk Garden:



I am sure it will go quickly especially considering my husband keeps asking how the scarf has anything to do with his sweater. Speaking of his sweater. I have joined the MANALONG over at Drew's. Yes, another knit along, but I have already finished part of the sweater so I figure it's ok. Having started the scarf that also means I have cast on for 2 holiday gifts already, whoo hoo.

I am also proud to say we carved our first pumpkin here at the Mathews household (this does not count the year my dear friend Leslie came over and carved one for us, miss you Les).

Here he is after he's been carved:



and here is a great creepy shot with his candle in:



Happy October everyone...

0 comments: