Friday, October 22, 2004

I want to thank everyone for their kind words on the loss of my mother. I was overwhelmed by all the e-mails and so I didn't thank you each individually but each and every comment meant a great deal to my family and me. Thank you.

We had been preparing for her death for many months but of course it was still a blow. I did decide Saturday morning that we should go to the Sheep and Wool Festival anyway. The kids needed something fun and distracting and frankly so did I.

Here is the lovely foliage we encountered on the fair grounds:



The kids loved the animals. Ian's favorites were the llamas but Avery loved the alpacas, he especially loved that they would put their heads right outside the fence to greet you:



Ian's favorite part after the llamas was the hay maze (and the giant slide and the angora rabbits etc. etc. etc.) I lost track of how many times he went through it:



I took pictures of many animals but I am only posting the Icelandic sheep in tribute to my cousin Ingileif who is Icelandic (though definitely not a sheep!):



My digital camera has been MIA so I haven't yet taken pictures of what I bought. It wasn't as much as I would have thought but my heart wasn't truly in it. Next year watch out. Here's a sneak preview of some of the yarn.

I bought this for Maribel:


I spent way too much time at the Brooks Farm Fiber area and most of my acquisitions came from them. They had the most amazing colors and blends. The yarn above is called Four Play and it is 50% wool and 50% silk. It feels wonderful.

0 comments: