Friday, May 18, 2007

I set Anastasia aside for a few days. I needed some instant gratification so I started the second baby kimono. It's coming along swimmingly:

I'm doing this one in stockinette and it's so much prettier. I am doing garter at the edges to minimize the roll. I really love this green. Its actually Red Heart Soft which I like for baby stuff since it can go through the washing machine without a problem. I think I may have found another bootie pattern to try. We'll see. The hats and the kimonos are enough for a gift if the booties don't work out.

Suzy tagged me for the latest meme going around. So here it is:

Each person tagged writes 7 random facts about themselves. The tagged people need to write the 7 facts plus the rules on their blog. Tag seven others and list their names on your blog. Leave a comment on the blogs of the people you tag and let them know that if they need to read your blog for the rules....got it?

1 - I am deathly afraid of the movie The Exorcist. To the point of it being a phobia. Even knowing it's on another channel kind of freaks me out. Damned if I know why. I have forced myself to watch it at least twice and I've read the book (twice, it was really good) but I couldn't keep the book in my house. Nothing has cured me of it.

2 - I share my birthday with Helen Keller, whom my mother and aunt met when they presented her an award from the girl scouts as young girls.

3 - The first time I got on a plane I was 20 years old. It was my first vacation ever and I went to Mexico.

4 - I sang a solo in a school show in 9th grade. It was the first year I joined the chorus (goth girls didn't do group activities until someone explained to me that free voice lessons might help someone who hoped to sing professionally). The girl who always got the solos previously despised me for it and liked to make sure I knew every time I was even the slightest bit off pitch. I sang "Up Where We Belong". I hated that song then and I hate it now. Maribel was a witness to this historic event.

5 - I love Spencer mysteries by Robert Parker. I've read them all and when a new one comes out I usually finish it in less than 24 hours.

6 - I am a desperately huge Stevie Nicks fan. I find that much more embarrassing than my Motley Crue fandom.

7 - I cry at anything (entertainment-wise), TV shows, movies, commercials. I'm pretty pathetic (I cried during Bones last night). I get this lovely characteristic from my Dad who also cried at anything.

You know I prefer no pressure so if you want to do it (Susan) then please steal away...

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: