Friday, January 05, 2007

Work is Hell

Every rush is hard although quite honestly they get easier in many ways each year since we all get better at what we do. Spring is in some ways more difficult than Fall since we basically have 6 weeks to prepare for it. I manage the text department and do all the textbook buying, I have a floor manager and an office manager who work for me. We lost our floor manager last Fall to better job and I have yet to find his replacement.

Tisha who I have mentioned numerous times on the blog, is my office manager, as well as friend. Her son is suffering from a very severe eye infection. Severe to the point that he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance yesterday and will probably be there all weekend. Naturally I told her not to come back to work until he is healthy.

This means Nancy is massively overwhelmed! It's actually not as bad as it could be but man I am beat down when I get home at night. The other night I actually took work home and spent two hours at the laptop entering faculty requests while watching Crossing Jordan reruns. By 4:30 yesterday I looked at the requests on my desk and hit a wall. I simply could not enter another one. Today I ran the report I need to process in order to get the books ordered from the publishers. It is 700 pages. I have hit another wall. Oh well I'll be here tomorrow, it will all get done one way or another.

I have been knitting. Rinaldo asked that my first project of the year be new socks for Ian, as he wears the red ones as much as we will let him. So that's what I'm working on:



I showed Ian last night and he asked me if he could wear them today! I told him I wasn't quite that fast but maybe on Monday...

...oh damn another deadline...

Happy Friday!

0 comments: