Tuesday, January 16, 2007

One crazy weekend...

I feel like I was on the run most of the weekend. Saturday was spent shuttling the boys to their classes. It's just a tad more difficult when your driver/husband is at work. It's not so much that I have a problem with public transportation, I don't, it's just that the boys' classes are in the same place 4 hours apart. Which means that with travel time you barely have any time in one place. At 8:30 we were off to gymnastics for Ian until 10, them back home until 12:30 when we went to lunch before Avery's dance class at 2. Back home by 4 and nearly collapsed. Did I mention we missed the bus in the morning? The bus near my house runs very infrequently on weekends and it's the best bus to take to get to the community center where the classes are held. So instead of standing in the drizzle we decided (Ian really) that we should walk, I haven't played with google pedometer yet but I'm pretty sure it was a mile so I can count that as my workout for Saturday.

I also managed to finish the Red Scarf Project scarf:



I'm very pleased with the way it came out. Now I just need to make sure I get it shipped out in time.

While watching me work on the scarf Ian asked who is was for. It told him it was a present for someone. He then asked me about the red hat I've been promising him, to match his mittens. Guess what I'm working on now:



I'm sort of using an amalgam of different patterns to make this. I think it may be a bit big but I'm not sure. Certainly when I put it on him it seems fine. I want to put earflaps on it as well. We'll see how it goes.

Sunday involved working, working, working. We had to stay past closing to get everything onto the shelved in time for this morning's onslaught. At least I mostly got to veg out yesterday.

I wanted to let you know that I've started a new blog. Two really but only one is ready for public viewing. I decided since I am trying to get through my book collection I should keep track of my progress. This lead to Bronx Girl's Book Shelf. I am posting a personal review for each book I finish. We'll see how long I can keep that up;)

Happy Tuesday all...

0 comments: