Thursday, January 25, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow


This morning I woke up and there was snow everywhere. Just a light dusting, not enough to have a snow day, nor enough to play in but just enough to make it awfully pretty outside. When I got off the bus with Avery this morning I couldn't resist taking a few shots.

This is the Valentine-Valerian House:
It sits right up the block from our old apartment, right outside of Williamsbridge Oval Park, which used to be a reservoir. It's also the home of the Bronx County Museum:

Don't you just love the way trees look covered in snow?

There's knitting too. Here is clapotis so far:



Of course the only reason to do clapotis is for the fun of dropping the stitches, here is a close up of the two I've done so far:

This is a fairly sticky yarn so I have to pull the stitches down myself but that's fine with me. I'm really loving this color. I took it to knitting group on Tuesday and there was much fawning over it. I remarked to Maribel that it's a shame I have it planned for someone else since it's really a fantastic color for her. She pouted the rest of the evening;)

Yes, Thursday! One more day until an actual weekend off, whoo hoo...

0 comments: