Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday - 'nuff said

The endless week is over. It seemed like it went on forever to me but I think that's because I only had Sunday off. I feel like it was one long week with just a day off in the middle of it. I have tomorrow off but I have to come in Sunday. Thankfully the university is shut down on Monday so that should allow me to be well rested when classes begin on Tuesday.

I did manage to finish Ian's socks by Wednesday night:



I made them a half an inch longer than I measured his foot to be, oddly enough they fit exactly. In case you wonder if I exaggerate when I say Ian really loves handknit socks allow me to show you my child asleep in his bed last night:

Yup, he wore them all day, showed them off to all his teachers, friends and his grandmother and then wore them to bed and don't for a second think that I was able to get them off his feet for school today. I'll wash his red ones tonight. I suspect they will be the only worthy replacement. Rinaldo and my mother in law keep telling me that I am going to have to keep making him socks so he'll have a pair for everyday!

Certain bloggers
made me feel guilty about all the charity knitting I had planned to do but haven't done so I cast on a scarf for the Red Scarf project. Just a quicky with LB Chenille Thick and Quick that Maribel had given me for last year's Red Scarf donation (I used a different yarn last year).

Enjoy the long weekend...

0 comments: