Friday, October 20, 2006

There is no joy in mudville...

So it's Friday, in 24 hours I will be on my way to Rhinebeck, let's see where my projects stand:

Ian's mittens are done:
It turns out I simply missed 6 rows of straight stockinette in the middle in between the decreasing and the increasing so all went just fine once I ripped back to the cuff and started over. They are still slightly different in size but it's barely noticible. Of course Ian is mortally offended at the warm weather since that means he hasn't been able to wear them yet.

The Magic Stripe socks are done:

...although I may have changed my mind about who I'm giving them to. I started them for a friend in California but they kept telling me they should go to someone else who I can't name since she reads the blog. I'll decide shortly. You may notice these are also not exactly the same size (although they are not as bad as the picture makes them look), the striping worked really well until the end where there was white at the end of the first sock there was only blue on the second, I sped up my decreases a bit on the toe and managed to finish the sock with an inch or two of yarn to spare.

As for Gyrid, here is where we stand as of 7 this morning:


...it's not looking good. I may finish the knitting tonight but I don't see how I can get it seamed. I came down with a horrible cold late Wednesday causing me to go to bed at around 9 that night. That means I lost an entire night of knitting. Oh well, maybe next year...

...the mighty Nancy has struck out.

0 comments: