Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nancy is a Cranky Girl

Yes, I am cranky today. There really isn't a good reason for it. I mean I got on the scale this morning and I had lost some more weight which brings me up to 41 lbs lost. That's a lot of weight gone and it means that I am only 9 lbs away from my new tattoo. Some of you may remember that I had set a goal of 50 lbs lost by the end of last year. That didn't quite work out. In the end I lost about 15 by December 31st but any loss is a good loss right? I decided that I needed to get serious. I set a more realistic goal of 100 lbs by my 40th birthday (about 3 years away now). I also decided that I needed to suck it up and join Weight Watchers. I've avoided it for years. My mother had hated it and the support group idea is so not my scene, but it ain't bad. The Points Program works really well for me. If I desperately need some chocolate I can have it as long as it's small and I count it in my points. I like that freedom. Portion control has always been an issue for me and this has helped train me to control my portions far better. I've lost 26 lbs since January.

Yet still with the crankiness. I was absolutely furious that basketball pre-empted Veronica Mars last night. It was the penultimate episode and I was greatly looking forward to it but I don't think it has that great an effect on my life. Of course many of my friends would say differently.

I'm still dealing with the Rangers being swept in the playoffs by the Devils. Not completely unexpected I admit but painful just the same. Especially after such an exciting and fun season.

I tried to start a new project last night while catching up with some Alias episodes on Tivo (trying to fill the Veronica void). I want to make the Baby Bolero in One Skein for a guy here at work who is expecting a baby boy at the end of the month but I couldn't get my gauge right. That ticked me off. I was going to grab my Socks that Rock this morning. I've decided to do the Dublin Bay Socks with it but this morning I just wasn't in the mood.

I sure as hell am not in the mood to do any work. I mean really the idea, hmf;)

I guess I have a bad case of the blahs. Nothing exciting going on, everything just sort of stagnant. Certainly nothing horrible going on either. Maybe it's just a vacation hang over. Who knows.

Hopefully I'll have something more upbeat to say on Friday, hell maybe I'll finally have felted the damn bag.

Happy Wednesday all...

0 comments: