Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I am nearly completely over my crankiness. My cousin e-mailed me earlier this week and told me that she, Linda and the baby are coming for a visit in a few weeks, whoo hoo. Yes, it was a bit spur of the moment but who the hell cares. They're coming that's all that matters.

I have also had some productive moments as well. I am making the baby bolero for one of the guys at work. It's coming along:

I am going to attach the sleeves and seam them up tonight. Then work on the edging tomorrow.

Look what I have waiting in the wings:
Clockwise from the top we have the Dublin Bay sock pattern in a pouch with my Socks that Rock. Then the Elsebeth Lavold book with Gyrid that I got from Bron and a ball of Silky Wool being swatched. Finally on the left is dear Charlotte's Web. Plenty on my plate right?

But of course one can never have enough yarn, right? Maribel tipped me off to the fact the yarn shop The Lion and Lamb was closing. I've never gone there. I know it was very pricey and from what I've heard they can have a fairly nasty attitude. This is never a reason to pass up a 50% sale however. Thankfully I was broke so I didn't go crazy.

How many of you could have passed up Kidsilk Haze at half off? Huh? Huh? Yup, that's what I thought. I also picked up some bamboo double points to take to jury duty next with with my Dublin Bay socks.

Ooh ooh ooh, what should I make?

Added later - Me and American Idol are over. Seriously how the hell did Chris get kicked off? I am beyond furious.

0 comments: