Friday, March 10, 2006

Five days, five entries. I can't remember the last time I managed that!

I have to confess I didn't go back to the doll yesterday. I am having a little too much fun with Ian's sock, here's where it stood this morning:

It actually has a heel now, thanks to my train ride in this morning. I decided to go with a contrasting color to make the yarn go further. Just to be safe. I only have the one skein of the red. I know that you need two for an adult sock. I suspect one is more than enough for a pre-schooler sized pair but being cautious can't hurt.

It actually should be finished by now but I haven't been working on it as much as I could have. On the train rides going to and from work I've been catching up on some reading and I haven't been doing much knitting in the evening. I'll finish it tonight though so I can get back to the doll for the weekend.

The weekend weather is predicted to be beautiful (it's absolutely gorgeous, temperature wise, today as well) so I think I'll take the kids to the zoo. Ian's been asking for the "zoom" for a few weeks now but the weather has sucked. Rinaldo works tomorrow so it will be a great day for it. No Rinaldo, no car and the zoo is nice and close by bus.

As an addendum to yesterday's post I'd like to give some artisans their due. The lovely objects in the earthenware photo were all gifts. The cup was made by my co-worker and friend Gary's very talented wife Virginia (she's a knitter too so I'm biased of course). It is absolutely my favorite milk cup and if you spend any amount of time with me you will know how much I love milk so it holds a very important place in my cupboard. The house was made by my other co-worker and friend Richard's wife Liz. They gave that adorable little house to Rinaldo and I for a wedding present. The bowl was made by my very dear friend Leslie, who left me a few years ago to go home to San Diego. We recently met up at a conference and she gifted me with the lovely bowl. I'm also not sure any of those items are in fact "earthenware" as I gather that is a very specific material. In fact the cup is actually "stoneware", Gary informed me, but I needed an "E" so I took some artistic license.

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: