Friday, March 17, 2006

Alison posted last week about all the yarn in her stash that is for specific projects. I decided to take a look at mine and determine how much of it was for specific items as well.

Here's how it stacked up:

LB Chenille Thick and Quick to expand Ian's baby blanket.
Elann Sonata for the Shapely Tank (my perennial summer project).
Magic Stripes for socks for my friend Leslie in San Diego.
Magic Stripes for socks for my Mother in Law.
Morehouse Merino yarn for a small Clapotis.
Mary Maxim Kashmere for a sweater for Bel.
Koigu kit for Charlotte's Web.
Paton's for a Harry Potter scarf for my friend Dawn.
Cestaire cotton wool blend DK for Sally's Favorite Summer Sweater for me.
Socks that Rock for me.

So many of these projects have been waiting for a year or more. I've decided it's time to get cracking on them. Once I've finished the doll, Anouk, Odessa and poor abandoned Bob I am going to try to start working off this list. I'm putting it over in the sidebar to keep reminding me of them. I'm not saying I won't do anything else but I want at least one of these projects on the needles and being worked on at all times. Maybe I can have the list completed by the end of the year.

Speaking of Anouk, I am totally in love with Alison's dress version of it. I think I will make this one using her adjustments as well. It's absolutely adorable.

I'm on vacation next week, hopefully that will translate into some good productivity on the knitting front. I'm still working on the doll body but I think that should be done this weekend. Then I will do the arms. I'm hoping Bel and I can have a stuffing party, putting together the boy and girl at the same time. This way I can benefit from her experience at putting the doll together.

Have a great weekend everyone...

0 comments: