Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I am down to the last sleeve on the striped sweater. I had great hopes to finish them both this weekend but the boiler in my building broke on Friday. We were so cold that on Saturday we decided to go to my mother in law's house and hang out. Now this should have meant some quality knitting time. Sitting in a house where my children can run around and there's someone else to watch them, someone else cooking, you get the idea. There's a catch to that, you must bring enough yarn. Now to be fair to myself, I knew I was running out of the main color. I even went and grabbed another skein out of my knitting basket. The thing I failed to do was to put it in my bag. So when I went looking for it, there it wasn't. Oh well I took a nap instead.

Here are the 3 finished pieces:




I really love the striping on this sweater but I gotta tell ya, there are so many ends to weave in it feels like intarsia. I am so not looking forward to the finishing on it. I have been trying to get into the habit of weaving in as I go along but there are stripes where you change colors every 2 rows, so I didn't bother.

Devan Update

It feels like forever since I did a Devan update! I still have not ripped back the sleeves and re-knit them to fit the rest of the sweater. In the meantime Katy has finished. Scroll down to the October 19th entry to see her Devan.

When I tried to update the Devan page, I somehow broke the links to all but the 2 most recent Devan pictures. I am hoping to get it fixed soon.

Jasmine has picked up her Devan again after a few difficult months. She's working on her second sleeve and hopes to move on to the finishing soon thereafter.


For all you Buffy and Angel fans, only you can truly appreciate my most recent collectible purchase. Go check this out. It's a pre-order but I can't wait until March.

Finally, yes it's time for another quiz. Thanks to Katy for the link:


0 comments: