Friday, August 27, 2004

I am almost at the armholes on the back piece of Devan. The small gauge of Devan was killing me again so I cast on for this:



and so begins the holiday knitting. This sweater is for my best friend. I am using Mary Maxim Kashmere, which I love because it feels like a sweatshirt when knitted up. It also has great stitch definition. I work on this in the evenings, during the Olympics mostly, to give my hands a break. Devan is still traveling with me to work every day.

More yarn arrived for my holiday knitting:



The Patons is for a felted bag, the sock yarn for Broad Street Mittens and the Wool Ease for a sweater for my husband. Everyday it's a new yarn delivery...whoo hoo!

I took these pictures at 6 this morning and the only way I could get them done was to take a picture of Ian too (he's such a ham). So here is an absolutely gratuitous Ian picture (with very sleepy eyes):



I decided it was time to lose the Spring Green colors scheme and go for something a bit more autumnal. What do you think?

Have a great weekend everyone...

0 comments: