Thursday, August 12, 2004

I thought it was time to put some pictures up. I realized it had been a while since I had much to show. I haven't finished anything but there's been progress.

Here's my second sock, I'm working on the heel flap:



I'm figuring it will be done tomorrow.

Here's the body of Mya:



I may block this and do the seed stitch trim this weekend if I haven't received my yarn for the sleeves. It shipped out yesterday but comes Priority Mail so it may not be here in time for the weekend.

Here is the Candy Wrapper Lap Blanket:



I've been working on this in the evenings. it's a good break from the small needles of Mya and the sock.

The knitting group on Tuesday was great. My friend Christina came and was working on her sweater. There were some faces from the last time and some new ones as well. Sonia, the woman I mentioned last time who was making the preemie hats, has gone completely in the other direction. She is doing a sweater for herself from Rowan, on 17s, in the most beautiful red colorway. We all told her we can't wait to see it when it's finished.

This link was posted on the Knitlist yesterday and I just had to share. Read this woman's story and realized you are taking your life in your hands whenever you pick up your needles.

I love living a dangerous life...

0 comments: