Friday, August 13, 2004

As the Heel Turns

I have to say I am completely fascinated by the magic of heel turning. It's daunting at first I admit. On my first sock I had to rip it out a couple of times before I got it right. On my second sock, it was smooth sailing:



I will admit that I started the short rows on the train in the morning and decided that was not the appropriate place for such a momentous event (the fact that concentration is more difficult, elbow room can't be found, and the constant bouncing of the train had absolutely no effect on my decision), but I did it at home last night and it was good.


In Devan news, Chris has finished hers and it looks really cute. The colors are bright and cheerful and the corrugated ribbing gives it a cool effect at the edges. Once I finish the sock and Mya, it will be straight back to Devan for me.



You may have noticed that I put the Shapely Tank on hiatus in my progress bars. I think I may rip it out and start again in the round. Theresa was kind enough to post the adjustments on the Shapely Blog and I think it may go better for me that way. I suspect one of the reasons I haven't done much work on it is simply because it's for me. There's no deadline, no gift giving enthusiasm, but I really want it so I have to convince myself that it is reason enough.

Today is devoted to finishing the sock, although I'll be spending my evening in a bar with a dear friend who is visiting from Ireland. I doubt I'll be knitting though, it's rather hard to knit holding a mug of beer...believe me I've tried....


Have a great weekend....

Devan Update!
Brynne is also finished and her Devan is very masculine and handsome, check out the great black and blue varigation in the stripes. And check out the cutie who models it!

0 comments: