Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I turned the heel on my first sock! It went pretty well. I frogged once because the pattern was a bit off, but it was fine after that. I picked up the stitches on the sides of the heel flap this morning on the train. Which prompted my beloved to ask, "you could have done that in the car!?!". No, I always knew it would have to come upstairs for this part, but I am hoping to finish it tonight.

I ended up working on it by default. I finished Anouk, which was a big hit with my friend Kelly (her daughter is absolutely beautiful by the way, anouk will suit her well). She thanked me yesterday and called me today to thank me again. Yesterday on my way in I grabbed my shapely tank. When I was in the car on the way to visiting my mother I realized I hadn't grabbed another ball of yarn and the one I was finishing was just about done. So Ray suggested I grab the sock and so I did. He's pretty sharp that one.


You may notice in my list of projects that the lap blanket has become the Candy Wrapper Lap Blanket. This is because I have joined the:



Thanks to Mindy for the tip. I'll do anything for free candy and there is a candy exchange involved in this knit along. The pattern for the blanket has a change in yarn (and gauge) every few inches to give it a gathered effect. The pattern has it repeated throughout the blanket but I have always planned to only do it twice on each end, making it vaguely reminiscent of a Tootsie Roll Wrapper. The lengths some people will go for the sweet stuff...

0 comments: