Monday, June 14, 2004

Monday Morning Finishing

I got up at six this morning to finish up the Fiber Trends Children's Felted Clogs. I am going to throw them into the washer when I get home tonight. I had a number of problems with this pattern. Initially I found it odd that there seem to be so many mistakes in the number of stitches you're working with, since the pattern is so popular, but then I realized that it is the adult version that is the really popular one. I suspect the designer quickly sized it down for a kid version, but most people just do it themselves with the adult pattern.

It's a great design otherwise. I am a little concerned about it being a bit lopsided but felting hides a multitude of sins, so I think they'll be fine. Besides he's 2 so he's not very concerned with appearance! I think I will spring for the adult pattern and just work with that in the future. Wish I'd done it that way from the giddy-up.

I finished weaving in the ends on the booties on the train this morning. When I was working on the clogs I noticed the booties sitting abandoned in the tray on the end table. I realized that I had never done the finishing on them. So I grabbed them this morning on my way out the door. I only had sewing on the clog left to do on the train so I knew I had extra time. I did it all in the trip to work. Glad I brought a book for the ride home.

Tonight I am going to do some swatches. I am going to swatch for Devan and Mya. Mya is a crossover sweater in Rowan Junior, that I've been wanting to make for another co-worker who just had a baby (they're just popping out all over). And of course the felting.

The Devan Along is growing a bit, since their is no real time frame feel free to sign up even if you're not sure when you'll start. I still haven't made any real progress on my shapely tank and that knit along started in April. This is a very low pressure blog...

I am not sure what is up with my progress bars, so until I solve the mystery of the missing color I have listed the percentages on the sides. Hopefully I'll figure out what's wrong very soon...

0 comments: