Monday, June 28, 2004

Warning - Don't seam while riding in a car

I finished the water bottle holder:



Doesn't look too bad, does it? Of course I elaborately staged the photo (I don't have a yard, being an apartment dweller, so I sat it on the window sill with the plants to have that Yarn Harlot look) to hide the fact that the strap is a moebius strip! Damned if I know how I did it. I was working on it in the car on the way to the wedding that I went to yesterday, which was beautiful by the way. It wasn't at night, I had plenty of sunlight. Yet I twisted the strap when I seamed it. Then I attached it to the tube without ever noticing the twist. I got home around midnight last night, went to bed, got up at 6 this morning to finish it. Once I finished, I held it up to admire my work...and there was that twist. I gotta tell ya at this point I really didn't care. He's a good guy, he knows I can knit well, maybe he'll think it's design feature? Anyway I stopped by the school and left it in his mailbox with a note.

Heady with the freedom of a completed project I signed up for this:



This brings me up to 7 knit alongs (6 if you don't count Anouk which is finished). I have the yarn for the rug and it was always on my list of summer projects so I figured why not. It doesn't start until July 15 so that's plenty of time.

I was loving this test that I found at Ann's site:

This site is certified 29% EVIL by the Gematriculator

This site is certified 71% GOOD by the Gematriculator

Can't say I was surprised, heck I think I'm less evil than I thought!

Of course in the interest of improving myself I went on to do this quiz, that the lovely Ann also shared:


20 Questions to being a Better Person

"Your score as a human being is 77.5.

Middle of the road, eh? Does that mean you're yellow? Yellow as a salamander frying on blacktop? Yellow as a urinal cake? Yellow as a delicious marshmallow Peep? Mmmm. Peep. Sometimes I think if it weren't for Just Born candy, I would just expel my life force and expire. Hot Tamales. Mike and Ikes.

But I digress.

Nicely done. You are robustly average, and I approve of it. "


Funny how they're so close isn't it...

0 comments: