Wednesday, March 03, 2004

So my mother's cancer has recurred, but it seems to be quite small, although it has spread to her liver and lungs which kind of freaks me out. I lost my dad to lung cancer five years ago. The doctor says he believes she will respond very well to chemo, so that's a good thing. I would have preferred surgery again myself, but she is actually happier that it turned out like this. The last surgery was a horrible experience for her. She was very concerned about losing her hair so I said, "hey I will make you chemo caps!" so now I need to find some nice light weight cottons yarn to make her some caps for the warm spring weather.

I feel I must add because of Bron's bad experience, that if you don't appreciate a blog entry that goes off the subject a bit then perhaps you should stick to blogs more your style. I do take it very seriously that this is a knitting blog and most of what I write is strictly that, but I also feel that we are a community and many of us friends and I care about other aspects of people's lives. Sometimes life gets a bit larger than just my hobby and I feel a need to vent and this being my blog I will. If you don't want to know about my personal life at all wait a few days and we will go back to your regularly scheduled knitting content...


As a quick aside on the weight loss topic, I found the most hystrical site. I suppose there is a certain truth to the idea it is espousing but all I could do was chuckle...
My Pet Fat

0 comments: